Herpes infection is a viral disease. And as it is already known, the virus has no immunity, no effective remedies: only symptomatology. The human herpes virus has several varieties, and all of them affect the immune system. As a result, there are bubbles that are very itchy, after a week or two they dry up and the person forgets about this trouble. And what is most interesting is that each of us once had a herpes infection in a distant childhood: chickenpox. Once having had chicken pox, the virus remains in the human body for life. So do not be ashamed of the fact that you have on your lips bubbles
The cause of herpes is the herpes simplex virus type 1. It causes symptoms of the disease on the lips, on the mucous membrane of the mouth, on the wings of the nose, on the conjunctiva, sometimes – in the ears. The virus can get into the human body, without showing itself. The disease is transmitted by contact or airborne way: when kissing a sick person, using common utensils and hygiene items, when coughing and sneezing, during sexual intercourse. The virus gets on the mucous membrane, from there – into the blood and then spreads throughout the body, settling in the nerve cells and fibers. The molecule of herpes lives in the cells of the nervous system, embedded in its genotype, as an integral unit. With the slightest weakening of the immune system, hypothermia, a lack of vitamins, a prolonged illness or a strong nervous shock, herpes becomes more active and the person suffers. The provoking factors for the activation of the herpes simplex virus are:
- Severe nervous stress
- Weakening of immunity (after a long illness and its intensive treatment: severe pneumonia, cancer and subsequent chemotherapy, complicated pregnancy and childbirth)
How herpes is manifested
- Rashes: these are vesicles of different sizes above the lip, on the lip, on both lips, on the inside of the lips, near the nose, on the mucous membrane of the eyes. They appear and grow very quickly, inside are filled with liquid. Do not puncture them in any case!
- Misfortune: fever, a slight increase in body temperature, fatigue, irritability.
- Itching. Bubbles can be scratched intensively, but this too can not be ignored and in no case should they not be touched with their hands unnecessarily.
Types of herpes
- The first type is a disease that appears on the face. Most often it is the area of the lips.
- Herpes virus type 2 causes rashes on the genitals (both on the mucous membrane, and on the skin of the groin and perineum).
- The third type is an unforgettable chicken pox. Then the bubbles appear all over the body and itches so much that it’s better to have it in childhood.
- The fourth is the Epstein-Barr virus. This is a separate disease of the immune system with severe consequences and the development of infectious mononucleosis – a disease that affects the lymphatic system and is practically incurable.
- The fifth type is the cause of cytomegalovirus infection. A common but also incurable immune system disease, which in a nutshell your treating doctor could describe as “often a sick patient that no one knows how to heal.”
But we will talk about the most relevant – a virus of the first type. In this case, if you have had chickenpox, this does not mean that you will not get a virus of labial herpes.
Currently, antiviral agents have been developed that act on the active DNA molecule of the herpes virus that has penetrated the human body. These drugs block the reproduction and development of the virus and stop the process of further infection. These include: acyclovir, valaciclovir, famciclovir (Acic, Zovirax, Virollex, Gerpevir). These agents can be used in the form of ointments or creams, applying directly to the vesicles. With frequent repeated herpes manifestations, one can take a course of antiviral drugs in acyclovir tablets. Usually, the treatment of herpes with ointments and tablets lasts 5-6 days. It is necessary that the ointment is always on the rash area. In doing so, you need to have a separate dish and towel, avoid unplanned kisses and any touch to the bubbles until they dry up.
Herpes on the face can be manifested by severe itching and swelling of the eyelids, nasolabial triangle, so it is rational to use antihistamines (diazolin, loratadine, suprastin). At night, you can treat the area of rashes with panthenol, chlorhexidine, streptocide or zinc ointment. They prevent the entry of bacteria into the wound and stop the development of the disease.
The doctor, therapist, gynecologist, dermatovenerologist, or any other who diagnosed you with herpes, should tell you about the need for additional treatment and prophylaxis and knows how to treat it.
Folk remedies for herpes on the face
Effective treatment is still the use of antiviral drugs. But to remove the itching and redness, you can apply the essential oils of tea tree, fir, cedar, sea buckthorn to the area of the rashes. With the herpes illness, tincture of wormwood and Kalanchoe juice will also help as an antiseptic.
Prevention of herpes
In fact, there is no effective prophylaxis, nor universal remedies for the treatment of herpes. Therefore, it is better to use some precautions:
- Do not contact closely with a person who has herpes;
- Avoid accidental sexual intercourse;
- Carefully observe the hygiene of your body;
- To ensure that your food is rich in vitamins and covers the daily energy needs;
- Try to block strong stress with a lot of positive emotions.